2D Computer Aided Design
Level 2 Award
This course will give you a basic introduction to Computer Aided Design to help you progress towards a CAD qualification which will enable you to pursue a career as a draughtsperson or designer in any industry.
- Type of study
Availability & Details
No prior knowledge is required, but you should be computer literate.
You will work through the sessions at your own speed with demonstrations from your lecturer.
You will study over 12 sessions, covering the following:
- History and background of AutoCAD and Computer Aided Design
- The co-ordinate system
- Setting of parameters; units, limits, grid and mouse click functionality
- Creation of lines, circles, arcs, rectangles, ellipses and text
- Modifying parameters, settings, lines and line types
- Use of layers, hatching and line
- Inserting and creating symbols and blocks
- Use of scale
- Dimensioning and dimensioning techniques
- The Future of Computer Aided Design for 3D solid modelling and prototyping
You will be taught using industry standard software by our experienced lecturers.
You will be assessed by a practical assignment and on going observation.
The tutors were really supportive and it was all thanks to them that I have achieved what I have. I’ve also made loads of great friends and really enjoyed my time at the college.Lizaveta Sinkerich, A Level student
My experience with the teaching and support was really well, as I’m dyslexic, they helped me a lot and I’ve achieved good grades, so I’m really pleased.Thomas McCann, A Level student
I’m really happy and pleased with my grades. I really loved my time at the college, I have also made lots of friends, it’s a really nice place to be, I don’t want to leave.Lauren Piper, A Level student
Further Computer Aided Design qualifications.