2D Computer Aided Design
Level 2 Award
This course will give you a basic introduction to Computer Aided Design to help you progress towards a CAD qualification which will enable you to pursue a career as a draughtsperson or designer in any industry.
- Type of study
Availability & Details
No prior knowledge is required, but you should be computer literate.
You will work through the sessions at your own speed with demonstrations from your lecturer.
You will study over 12 sessions, covering the following:
- History and background of AutoCAD and Computer Aided Design
- The co-ordinate system
- Setting of parameters; units, limits, grid and mouse click functionality
- Creation of lines, circles, arcs, rectangles, ellipses and text
- Modifying parameters, settings, lines and line types
- Use of layers, hatching and line
- Inserting and creating symbols and blocks
- Use of scale
- Dimensioning and dimensioning techniques
- The Future of Computer Aided Design for 3D solid modelling and prototyping
You will be taught using industry standard software by our experienced lecturers.
You will be assessed by a practical assignment and on going observation.
Further Computer Aided Design qualifications.
Future Career Opportunities
The teaching and support was really great, the quality was really great, all the teachers really care about your education as well as your wellbeing, they take everything into consideration and they’re great.Katie Whittingham, A Level student
My experience at the college has been really good, it’s been really rewarding, all the lecturers were so lovely and supportive there’s no way I could have done it without them - the teaching has been outstanding.Lucie Brooks, A Level student
My experience at the college has been decent, I’ve met lots of people, its been great to be honest, I’ve really enjoyed it.Oliver Smith, A Level student