2D Computer Aided Design
Level 2 Award
This course will give you a basic introduction to Computer Aided Design to help you progress towards a CAD qualification which will enable you to pursue a career as a draughtsperson or designer in any industry.
- Type of study
Availability & Details
No prior knowledge is required, but you should be computer literate.
You will work through the sessions at your own speed with demonstrations from your lecturer.
You will study over 12 sessions, covering the following:
- History and background of AutoCAD and Computer Aided Design
- The co-ordinate system
- Setting of parameters; units, limits, grid and mouse click functionality
- Creation of lines, circles, arcs, rectangles, ellipses and text
- Modifying parameters, settings, lines and line types
- Use of layers, hatching and line
- Inserting and creating symbols and blocks
- Use of scale
- Dimensioning and dimensioning techniques
- The Future of Computer Aided Design for 3D solid modelling and prototyping
You will be taught using industry standard software by our experienced lecturers.
You will be assessed by a practical assignment and on going observation.
Further Computer Aided Design qualifications.
Future Career Opportunities
I got into both of the universities I wanted to. It happens so fast and it’s an amazing feeling when you think that all of the work you’ve done has paid off in the best way possible.Anton Sukhorukov, A Level student
I focused and worked hard to get the grades. I had some support from my lecturer during a stressful time. The college is really good and supportive.Natasha Boerer, BTEC student
I would say it’s a college that really balances academia with fun, there is lots of extra-curricular stuff that you can get involved in. It has a really good work/life balance.Laura Hagedorn, A Level student