2D Computer Aided Design
Level 2 Award
This course will give you a basic introduction to Computer Aided Design to help you progress towards a CAD qualification which will enable you to pursue a career as a draughtsperson or designer in any industry.
- Type of study
Availability & Details
No prior knowledge is required, but you should be computer literate.
You will work through the sessions at your own speed with demonstrations from your lecturer.
You will study over 12 sessions, covering the following:
- History and background of AutoCAD and Computer Aided Design
- The co-ordinate system
- Setting of parameters; units, limits, grid and mouse click functionality
- Creation of lines, circles, arcs, rectangles, ellipses and text
- Modifying parameters, settings, lines and line types
- Use of layers, hatching and line
- Inserting and creating symbols and blocks
- Use of scale
- Dimensioning and dimensioning techniques
- The Future of Computer Aided Design for 3D solid modelling and prototyping
You will be taught using industry standard software by our experienced lecturers.
You will be assessed by a practical assignment and on going observation.
I overcame a couple of barriers by working really hard to get the top grades. My experience was really good, with the course and the lecturers, the residentials and activities, together it was all really good. I had really great teaching support, I could always go to the lecturers and speak to them if I needed to.David Stenning, Public Services student
My experience with the teaching and support was really well, as I’m dyslexic, they helped me a lot and I’ve achieved good grades, so I’m really pleased.Thomas McCann, A Level student
My experience at the college was great, it’s very different to school, and I think it’s a good step to going to university. The support was amazing, I loved all of my teachers, they helped me through everything. The college is friendly and you will succeed.Heidi Adamson Brattland, A Level student
Further Computer Aided Design qualifications.