Adobe InDesign Beyond Beginners
The focus of this evening course is on layout, design and exploring some of the interactive elements built into the Adobe InDesign software. Along the way you will cover layout using master pages, grids and guides. Some interactive content will be included to help enhance any digital publication including using some of the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) tools to enhance your document.
- Type of study
- Examination board
- Havant & South Downs College
Availability & Details
Learners must be confident in using a computer (mouse, keyboard, managing files) and have either completed the beginners InDesign course or have equivalent real world experience.
On this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Use master pages to create consistent layout and position autotext e.g. page numbers
- Work with document guides, ruler guides and baseline grids to aid layout
- Create a multistate object, to allow users the ability to select and layout content
- Add video and audio elements to your document
- Add basic animation to your document
- Explore different exporting options .pdf, epub, and flash
Learners will follow step by step tutor demonstrations to complete in class exercises. These are supported by digital handouts and online video tutorials made specifically for the course.
My experience with the teaching and support was really well, as I’m dyslexic, they helped me a lot and I’ve achieved good grades, so I’m really pleased.Thomas McCann, A Level student
There are great teachers here. This college has felt more like a university than a school, and it’s definitely lived up to that more grown-up feel.Vicky Lipscombe, A Level student
The college is a bright and happy place, everyone is kind and friendly to each other.Megan Hall, A Level student
If you wish to increase your knowledge of Adobe Software you can progress onto one of our Adobe Photoshop for Beginners or Dreamweaver for Beginners courses.