Adobe InDesign for Beginners
Adobe InDesign is a leading desktop publishing tool used for everything from designing posters, magazines, flyers to digital presentations and rich engaging experiences. This five week course teaches the basics of using Adobe InDesign, from the Interface through to being able to create a multi-page document that includes images, text tables.
- Type of study
- Examination board
- Havant & South Downs College
Availability & Details
No experience of InDesign is necessary but you should have experience of using the internet and a solid understanding of the basics of file and folder management. Intermediate experience of using Microsoft Word would be useful but not essential.
On this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Exploring the InDesign interface
- Create basic document layouts
- Create paragraph and character styles to provide consistent text
- Position images using both standard and custom image frames
- Create tables and style using styles
- Create object styles to promote a consistent re-use of styles
- Apply colour and manage colour using swatches
- Use basic drawing tools to enhance a document
- Saving and exporting options
Learners will follow step by step tutor demonstrations to complete in class exercises. These are supported by digital handouts and online video tutorials made specifically for the course.
My experience at the college has been decent, I’ve met lots of people, its been great to be honest, I’ve really enjoyed it.Oliver Smith, A Level student
I’m really happy and pleased with my grades. I really loved my time at the college, I have also made lots of friends, it’s a really nice place to be, I don’t want to leave.Lauren Piper, A Level student
I focused and worked hard to get the grades. I had some support from my lecturer during a stressful time. The college is really good and supportive.Natasha Boerer, BTEC student
After completing this course students are able to progress onto the Adobe InDesign Beyond Beginners course.