Adobe InDesign for Beginners
Adobe InDesign is a leading desktop publishing tool used for everything from designing posters, magazines, flyers to digital presentations and rich engaging experiences. This five week course teaches the basics of using Adobe InDesign, from the Interface through to being able to create a multi-page document that includes images, text tables.
- Type of study
- Examination board
- Havant & South Downs College
Availability & Details
No experience of InDesign is necessary but you should have experience of using the internet and a solid understanding of the basics of file and folder management. Intermediate experience of using Microsoft Word would be useful but not essential.
On this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Exploring the InDesign interface
- Create basic document layouts
- Create paragraph and character styles to provide consistent text
- Position images using both standard and custom image frames
- Create tables and style using styles
- Create object styles to promote a consistent re-use of styles
- Apply colour and manage colour using swatches
- Use basic drawing tools to enhance a document
- Saving and exporting options
Learners will follow step by step tutor demonstrations to complete in class exercises. These are supported by digital handouts and online video tutorials made specifically for the course.
College has been the best two years of my education. All my teachers were great and amazing, and I think they were the most helpful they could have been.Megan Capaldi-Tallon, A Level student
You’re here to learn and you want to learn, and the lecturers make it fun. You don’t have to come to college but you want to come to college.Natalie Thorpe, A Level student
There are lots of people at the college, each studying a diverse range of courses, people from all different areas come to study here, it creates a sense of community, there is a huge social aspect to college life across all courses.Lee Backhouse, BTEC student
After completing this course students are able to progress onto the Adobe InDesign Beyond Beginners course.