Adobe InDesign is a leading desktop publishing tool used for everything from designing posters, magazines, flyers to digital presentations and rich engaging experiences. This five week course teaches the basics of using Adobe InDesign, from the Interface through to being able to create a multi-page document that includes images, text tables.
- Type of study
- Examination board
- Havant & South Downs College
Availability & Details
No experience of InDesign is necessary but you should have experience of using the internet and a solid understanding of the basics of file and folder management. Intermediate experience of using Microsoft Word would be useful but not essential.
On this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Exploring the InDesign interface
- Create basic document layouts
- Create paragraph and character styles to provide consistent text
- Position images using both standard and custom image frames
- Create tables and style using styles
- Create object styles to promote a consistent re-use of styles
- Apply colour and manage colour using swatches
- Use basic drawing tools to enhance a document
- Saving and exporting options
Learners will follow step by step tutor demonstrations to complete in class exercises. These are supported by digital handouts and online video tutorials made specifically for the course.
I’m very, very happy, I didn’t expect to do so well. The College has been helpful and supportive. I loved my courses, and the teachers were really good – every single one of them. The facilities are great, but it’s the staff that really make this place.Matthew Randell, A Level student
The teaching and support was really great, the quality was really great, all the teachers really care about your education as well as your wellbeing, they take everything into consideration and they’re great.Katie Whittingham, A Level student
I’m really happy and pleased with my grades. I really loved my time at the college, I have also made lots of friends, it’s a really nice place to be, I don’t want to leave.Lauren Piper, A Level student
After completing this course students are able to progress onto the Adobe InDesign Beyond Beginners course.