Adobe InDesign is a leading desktop publishing tool used for everything from designing posters, magazines, flyers to digital presentations and rich engaging experiences. This five week course teaches the basics of using Adobe InDesign, from the Interface through to being able to create a multi-page document that includes images, text tables.
- Type of study
- Examination board
- Havant & South Downs College
Availability & Details
No experience of InDesign is necessary but you should have experience of using the internet and a solid understanding of the basics of file and folder management. Intermediate experience of using Microsoft Word would be useful but not essential.
On this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Exploring the InDesign interface
- Create basic document layouts
- Create paragraph and character styles to provide consistent text
- Position images using both standard and custom image frames
- Create tables and style using styles
- Create object styles to promote a consistent re-use of styles
- Apply colour and manage colour using swatches
- Use basic drawing tools to enhance a document
- Saving and exporting options
Learners will follow step by step tutor demonstrations to complete in class exercises. These are supported by digital handouts and online video tutorials made specifically for the course.
The college is a bright and happy place, everyone is kind and friendly to each other.Megan Hall, A Level student
My experience at the college was great, it’s very different to school, and I think it’s a good step to going to university. The support was amazing, I loved all of my teachers, they helped me through everything. The college is friendly and you will succeed.Heidi Adamson Brattland, A Level student
My experience at the college has been really good, it’s been really rewarding, all the lecturers were so lovely and supportive there’s no way I could have done it without them - the teaching has been outstanding.Lucie Brooks, A Level student
After completing this course students are able to progress onto the Adobe InDesign Beyond Beginners course.