Certificate in Leadership and Management (Distance Learning)
ILM Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management
This course provides you with the knowledge to gain a solid grounding in what it takes to organise, manage and motivate work teams. It will allow you to become confident in your ability to perform in your role, as you learn the tools and techniques necessary for developing yourself as a leader. Organisation and work delegation processes will be explored, alongside the most effective techniques for managing conflict.
Inductions, stress management and discipline within the workplace will also be covered, providing you with a fully rounded understanding of leadership and management, and allowing you to become an effective manager.
This qualification is designed for new and aspiring junior managers. Learners will pick up the core skills and understanding needed to deal with management responsibilities and develop as leaders, helping to start their career with confidence.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. The online course is available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. This platform features:
• Exciting and engaging content
• Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
• Virtual tutors who offer hints, tips and guidance throughout the course
- Type of study
- Distance Education
- Examination board
Availability & Details
Ideally you would have achieved a Level 2 in Leadership and Management or a similar course at the same level.
This course is split into 10 manageable units:
Unit 1: Solving problems and making decisions
- Unit 2: Planning and allocating work
- Unit 3: Understanding conflict management in the workplace
- Unit 4: Understanding stress management in the workplace
- Unit 5: Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Unit 6: Understanding the induction of new staff in the workplace
- Unit 7: Understanding performance management
- Unit 8: Understanding organising and delegating in the workplace
- Unit 9: Leading and motivating a team effectively
- Unit 10: Understanding leadership
Upon completion of this course you will be workplace ready, or be able to progress to another Adult Learning course or be able to progress to other Level 3 courses.
Future Career Opportunities
The teaching has been really good, I’ve loved all of my teachers, they’ve all been really nice and supportive.Jodie Hook
My experience at the College was great, it’s very different to school, and I think it’s a good step to going to university. The support was amazing, I loved all of my teachers, they helped me through everything. The College is friendly and you will succeed.Heidi Adamson Brattland, A Level student
My courses were all especially interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. All of my lecturers were extremely knowledgeable and I have learnt a lot from them.Lottie Warren, A Level student