Certificate in Leadership and Management (Distance Learning)
ILM Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management
This course provides you with the knowledge to gain a solid grounding in what it takes to organise, manage and motivate work teams. It will allow you to becomeconfident in your ability to perform in your role, as you learn the tools and techniques necessary for developing yourself as a leader. Organisation and workdelegation processes will be explored, alongside the most effective techniques for managing conflict.
Inductions, stress management and discipline within the workplace will also be covered, providing you with a fully rounded understanding of leadership and management, and allowing you to become an effective manager.
This qualification is designed for new and aspiring junior managers. Learners will pick up the core skills and understanding needed to deal with management responsibilities and develop as leaders, helping to start their career with confidence.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. The online course is available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. This platform features:
• Exciting and engaging content
• Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
• Virtual tutors who offer hints, tips and guidance throughout the course
- Type of study
- Distance Education
- Examination board
Availability & Details
Ideally you would have achieved a Level 2 in Leadership and Management or a similar course at the same level.
This course is split into 10 manageable units:
Unit 1: Solving problems and making decisions
- Unit 2: Planning and allocating work
- Unit 3: Understanding conflict management in the workplace
- Unit 4: Understanding stress management in the workplace
- Unit 5: Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Unit 6: Understanding the induction of new staff in the workplace
- Unit 7: Understanding performance management
- Unit 8: Understanding organising and delegating in the workplace
- Unit 9: Leading and motivating a team effectively
- Unit 10: Understanding leadership
If you are aged 19 or over and have lived in the UK for 3 years or more, you may be able to start this course without paying a penny upfront through the Advanced Learner Loan scheme.
Future Career Opportunities
Upon completion of this course you will be workplace ready, or be able to progress to another Adult Learning course or be able to progress to other Level 3 courses.
College has been the best two years of my education. All my teachers were great and amazing, and I think they were the most helpful they could have been.Megan Capaldi-Tallon, A Level student
This is a really good college, and it is definitely somewhere you can achieve your dreams.Yolanda Stemp, BTEC student
There are lots of people at the college, each studying a diverse range of courses, people from all different areas come to study here, it creates a sense of community, there is a huge social aspect to college life across all courses.Lee Backhouse, BTEC student