Construction: Design, Surveying & Planning – T Level
T Level (Level 3)
This two year course has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to meet the needs of industry and preparing you for the world of work. Employers involved in designing the T Level in Design, Surveying and Planning include the Morgan Sindall Group and Skanska UK.
- Type of study
- Examination board
Availability & Details
Grade 5 in Mathematics (higher paper)
Grade 5 in Science (Physics or double award)
Grade 4 in English Language
Grade 4 in two further subjects
- Supporting knowledge including health and safety, information and data capture, scientific principles and their application in the built environment and standards for scientific measurement
- Principles of design in the built environment, roles of different disciplines, design process from conception to completion and life-cycle assessment
- Structure of the construction industry, integration of the supply chain, how projects are procured and managed, current/future factors impacting the industry
- Importance of sustainability, environmental legislation, policies and initiatives, principles of heritage and conservation, lean construction, waste management energy production and use
- Building technology including construction methods, forms of construction, regulations and standards and manufacturers’ instructions
- Relationship management including types of stakeholder, customer service principles, the importance of teamwork, equality, diversity and representation including related legislation, employment rights and responsibilities
- Digital technology including digital engineering techniques, opportunities for the use and adaptation of technology
- Business and commerce including business structures, values and objectives, corporate social responsibility, entrepreneurship and innovation, principles of project management, quantification and costing.
You will complete at least one module of occupation-specific content depending on the capacity and capability of the local learning provider. This part of the T Level ensures that you’ll develop the knowledge and skills needed to work in specific occupations.
The specialism topic for Year 2 in the Design, Surveying and Planning T Level is:
- Surveying and design for construction and the built environment
2 Exams, industrial placement, work-based project and synoptic assessment.
Future Career Opportunities
Full Time Employment
I would say it’s a college that really balances academia with fun, there is lots of extra-curricular stuff that you can get involved in. It has a really good work/life balance.Laura Hagedorn, A Level student
My courses were all especially interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. All of my lecturers were extremely knowledgeable and I have learnt a lot from them.Lottie Warren, A Level student
College is definitely worth all the effort you put in, you get to meet lots of different people and it’s amazing.Ebony Puttock, A Level student