Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
Distance Learning Level 3 Certificate
This qualification will equip you with the knowledge needed to work in a variety of roles within the health and social care services and is ideal if you want to enter, or progress within this sector.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of dementia and its effects. You will explore the various types of dementia and the importance of early diagnosis, as well as focusing on person-centred approaches to dementia care, the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support.
- Type of study
- Distance Education, Part-Time
- Examination board
- NCFE CACHE
Availability & Details
Ideally you should have completed Level 2 Dementia Care or demonstrate a good understanding at this level. You should also hold a GCSE or Level 2 English qualification.
On this online course, you will study the following units:
- Understanding dementia
- Understand how person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Principles of communication and interaction in dementia care and support
- Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia care
- Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- Understand how to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- Principles of the administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia
Your learning material and assignments will be available to you to through our distance learning platform.
You will be assessed through online assessments.
On completion of this course, you will have gained knowledge to support an application of employment to work in the health and social care sector. You could also complete another distance learning course or consider Access to HE.
Future Career Opportunities
My experience at the college has been decent, I’ve met lots of people, its been great to be honest, I’ve really enjoyed it.Oliver Smith, A Level student
College has been the best two years of my education. All my teachers were great and amazing, and I think they were the most helpful they could have been.Megan Capaldi-Tallon, A Level student
The tutors were really supportive and it was all thanks to them that I have achieved what I have. I’ve also made loads of great friends and really enjoyed my time at the college.Lizaveta Sinkerich, A Level student