Principles of Business Administration
Level 2 Certificate
This is an engaging and interactive course where you will gain a qualification in Business Administration. Guest speakers from local businesses and visits to a nearby business give a real insight into the world of business. Along with this, there will be an opportunity for workshops to help with CV writing, job applications and interview techniques and relevant practice to make sure you are ready to enter the business world.
- Type of study
- Examination board
Availability & Details
You must have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Mathematics, or be prepared to sit an English and Mathematics assessment to establish your current levels. However, all applications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Principles of providing administrative services – this unit focuses on meetings, travel and accommodation, diary systems, office equipment, mail and customer service.
- Principles of business document production and information management – this unit focuses on preparation and distribution of business documents and managing information in business organisations.
- Understand communication in a business environment – this unit focuses on written and verbal business communication.
- Understand employer organisations – this unit focuses on organisational structures and environments.
- Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues – this unit focuses on effective team working and working with colleagues.
- Understand equality and diversity in the workplace – this unit focuses on the standards and expectations for equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Principles of customer service and delivery – this unit focuses on customer service and its effective delivery. Legal and ethical requirements relating to customer service and maintaining customer service.
- Understand customers – this unit focuses on the different types of customers, relationship between good customer service and customer loyalty, and how this affects the organisation in terms of reputation and image.
- Understand how to provide administrative support for meetings – this unit focuses on all aspects of administrative support required for meetings.
- Understand how to communicate with customers – this unit focuses on communication styles and selecting appropriate methods of communication with customers.
- Understand how to resolve problems and deliver customer service to challenging customers – this unit focuses on how to deal with challenging customers and techniques to resolve problems. You will learn how to identify problems, agree solutions and manage unresolved problems.
At Havant & South Downs College an experienced and qualified tutor will guide and support you through the complete programme as both your individual tutor and assessor. As part of the course you will also gain experience by shadowing College administrators. This course will run for 18 weeks, for one day a week.
You will be assessed through the completion of an electronic portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your knowledge and experience submitting work through the Google classroom.
This course is FREE if you meet the eligibility requirements or depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to receive full or part funding for the course. Please get in touch and we will be happy to advise you.
There are great teachers here. This college has felt more like a university than a school, and it’s definitely lived up to that more grown-up feel.Vicky Lipscombe, A Level student
My experience at the college has been really good, it’s been really rewarding, all the lecturers were so lovely and supportive there’s no way I could have done it without them - the teaching has been outstanding.Lucie Brooks, A Level student
My experience at the college has been decent, I’ve met lots of people, its been great to be honest, I’ve really enjoyed it.Oliver Smith, A Level student
Upon completion of this course you will be workplace ready, or be able to progress to another HSDC Adult Learning course. There is an opportunity to progress to Level 3 Business administration or Customer Service which are offered as distance learning.