Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Disabled students allowance

We understand that students may require some support, advice and help to ensure you get the best out of your time at the College. We are committed to providing that support to all students and to help make your college experience a happy and successful one.

Higher Education students (not Further Education students) living in England, can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability meeting the definition of disability under the equality act 2010. These include:

  • Long term health conditions evident by a report or letter from a Doctor or Consultant
  • Mental health conditions as evidenced by a report or letter from a Doctor or Consultant (alternatively, students can complete a Mental Health Evidence form)
  • Specific learning difficulties (e.g. dyslexia) as evidenced by a diagnostic assessment from a psychologist or suitably qualified specialist teacher*

*A reassessment will be necessary if the previous assessment took place when the student was under 16, however financial assistance may be available to pay for a new diagnostic assessment
Please see the DSA guide for more information, how to apply and the allowance you may be entitled to.

Need some help? Our advisors are here to help you

Contact us