Host families wanted! Do you have a spare room in your home? Do you live within 45 minutes of Alton Campus by public transport? Could you offer one of our international students a 'home from home' experience?
We are looking for friendly local families or individuals to join our register of Homestay Accommodation providers.
For our international students, Homestay Accommodation forms a key element of experiencing life in England while they study for their A Levels. As well as providing some extra income for the hosts, offering Homestay Accommodation can also be a rewarding and enriching experience.
What facilities will I need to provide?
- A private furnished bedroom with a desk, chair, cupboard/wardrobe, mirror etc
- Access to a daily bath/shower
- Weekly laundry
- 2 meals/day Mon-Fri (Continental breakfast and evening family supper)
- 3 meals/day Saturday and Sunday
- Inclusion in all family trips/outings
- Wi-fi internet access
- English speaking environment
How much does it pay?
Is the income taxable?
If this is your only/main home, income up to an annual limit of £4,250 is not subject to tax.
Are there any conditions?
All applicants and properties will be interviewed and screened carefully. DBS (previously CRB) checks will be conducted for all residents over the age of 18.
How old will the students be?
Approximately 16-18 years old.
How do I find out more?