Hire an Apprentice

HSDC is an outstanding local provider of high quality apprenticeships. We can help all organisations, large or small, to build a skilled workforce through the wide ranging apprenticeship programmes we deliver.

 

An Apprenticeship is a combination of employment and training which enables the individual to develop industry level skills. It is recommended the apprentice works for a minimum of 30 hours per week. If less than 30 hours per week, the length of the training increases. An Apprenticeship can last between a year and up to six years depending on the level.

Depending on the size of the organisation depends on the funding. For example, organisations with a payroll that exceeds £3million pay a 0.5% levy which will fund their apprenticeships. Below this payroll the employer will co-invest 10% of the training costs, the government will co-invest the remaining 90% of the funding fees.

HSDC has funding available to train and support your business to grow through accredited co-funded courses.

An apprentice can add a great deal of value to your business, when you hire an apprentice you will:

  • Improve your productivity
  • Create your workforce for the future
  • Increase the skills of your entire workforce
  • Recruit from our bank of over 4,000 talented young people
  • See a genuine return on your investment
  • Bring new skills into your organisation

HSDC already offers a wide range of courses in different industry sectors, however Apprenticeships are still going through major reforms. Traditionally Apprenticeship frameworks have been very broad and have never had employers’ input, however new Apprenticeships are being designed every day. We can work with you to create a bespoke programme, whether it be taking on a new member of staff or upskilling your current workforce. Speak to one of our Apprenticeship experts who will work with you to support your business needs.

The range of areas we provide Apprenticeships in include:

    • Accounting
    • Adult Health Care
    • Business and Administration
    • Customer Service
    • Creative Content
    • Child Care
    • Engineering
    • Hairdressing
    • Hospitality and Catering
    • Laboratory Technician / Science
    • Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance
    • Team Leading and management
    • Travel and Tourism

Apprenticeships have traditionally been offered at intermediate and advanced levels. However things have changed, Apprenticeships are now offered in a range of levels, from Level 2 up to Level 7.

Level 2 – Intermediate (equivalent to five good GCSE’s)

Level 3 – Advanced (equivalent to two A Levels)

Level 4 – Higher (equivalent to a certificate of higher education)

Level 5 – Higher (equivalent to Foundation degree)

Level 6 – Higher (equivalent to a Bachelors degree)

Level 7 – Higher ( equivalent to Master’s degree)

Apprenticeships are typically known for helping younger people get their foot on the career ladder, however Apprenticeships have no age limit. Anyone from 16 upwards can become an apprentice. Even adults with a degree can now retrain in a subject that is significantly different to their existing degree. The focus of an Apprenticeship is to develop industry specific skills, giving you the opportunity to upskill existing employees or train new staff.

Need some help? Our advisors are here to help you

Contact us