COVID Update – 14 May 2021
We are excited to be opening on Tuesday (18 May) and welcoming our much-missed guests.
We will be adhering to current Government guidelines outlined as follows:
- When entering the college and moving around the restaurant a face covering must be worn.
- A hand sanitiser station has been placed at our restaurant entrance for customers to use.
- All students and staff are sanitising surfaces frequently and washing our hands.
- Our host will require guests (one from every household) to check in on arrival using either The NHS contact tracing app or our manual record.
- Following Government guidelines, we have had to adapt how we serve you; tables have been spaced allowing for social distancing and kept to a maximum of 6 guests per party. This has led to us limiting the number of guests we can serve, apologies if you have been unable to book with us, we are doing all we can to welcome everyone whilst keeping you safe.
- Bread and water will be placed on the table, and we are unable to handle personal items such as coats and bags.
- Our students are being provided with protective visors and a Perspex screen has been installed at our till station.
- We encourage contactless payment using a credit/debit card.
We are very excited to welcome you and wish to thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 12 – 12.45pm
Two-Course Lunch £11.95
Three-Course Lunch £13.95
Wednesday 6 – 6.45pm
Fine Dining £23.50
Enjoy fine dining on campus
Our fully-licensed fine dining restaurant at South Downs Campus is staffed by our talented Catering & Hospitality students and open to the public. It’s an opportunity to enjoy high-quality, freshly prepared food while also supporting what we do here at the College. Every task is performed under the guidance of qualified and experienced Catering & Hospitality lecturers to ensure a first-class fine dining experience.
We have The Angela Hartnett Academy at the College. This provides strong partnerships with Angela and her chefs who come down throughout the year to work alongside our aspiring chefs to create culinary delights for our lucky customers. During Angela’s visits she supports the teaching team, inspiring them with new ideas and dishes and keeping them on top of the current trends in industry. We are extremely grateful of the work experience Angela provides for our students in exquisite, well respected hotels and restaurants such as Limewood – New Forest and Murano – London.
In the past we’ve welcomed top chefs such as Heston Blumenthal, Marcus Wareing, Tom Kerridge, Nathan Outlaw and Philip Howard to the restaurant facility. They’ve given us their seals of approval for what we do, so why not come and sample the experience for yourself?
Café lounge offers guests a relaxing and comforting environment where you can purchase a wide range of beverages.
The Café Lounge is open Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 2pm.
Light lunches are served from 12 noon till 1.15pm (subject to availability).
Please note: The Cafe Lounge is currently closed due to COVID restrictions. Please check back for updates on its reopening.
The restaurant is open for fine dining on a Wednesday 6-6.45pm (last orders).
Five courses including a complimentary ‘Amuse’ cost £23.50.
Le Shop is modelled on a continental style patisserie and deli, selling a wide range of homemade pastries and bakery goods all prepared by students on campus. We also offer a selection of Tchibo fair-trade coffees and hot chocolate, plus a selection of soft drinks and fruit juices.
Opening times (term time only)
Thursday & Friday, 9.30am-2pm
Lunch is served Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 12 and 12.45pm (last orders).
Three courses – £13.95
Two courses – £11.95