Havant & South Downs College is pleased to announce it has been accredited with the ‘Workplace Wellbeing Charter Mark’.
The Workplace Wellbeing Charter is the accreditation standard working to improve the health of businesses and organisations. Completing the Workplace Wellbeing Charter shows a commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of your workforce, whilst also making your organisation an employer for choice for prospective employees.
After a visit and approximately 50 staff interviews, the report stated: “Havant & South Downs College are thoroughly deserving of Charter accreditation.”
Key points from the report included:
- There is a hard-working dedicated culture, but this is well balanced by a strong community feel and shared sense of purpose amongst the team
- Particularly strong areas of good practice are found in Leadership and Absence Management
- The efforts from the senior leadership team to empower staff to look after themselves through support of the college appear to be paying dividends and the workforce exhibit high levels of resilience
- Highlights are the involvement of the directors, the accessible, supportive nature of all managers, the hands-on involvement from HR, strong support for learning and development and the blue-sky development system
- The Principal has been in place for several years and through interviews there was good feedback regarding how he has improved the college
- The supportive, hands-on approach from the HR team also helps to contribute to the workplace culture and provides effective support whenever issues arise
- A range of support pathways exist to help the staff group maintain good health and wellbeing and to manage complex, ongoing and long-term conditions when such situations arise
- Health and safety policies and associated policies need to be reviewed and cascaded to all employees
- Training for management staff, such as IOSH Managing Safely can help to embed health and safety into the organisational culture and engender a shared ownership, further reducing risk
A spokesperson from the Workplace Wellbeing Charter said: “Achieving the Workplace Wellbeing Charter shows Havant & South Downs College are forward thinking in cascading wellbeing practices throughout the organisation and demonstrate this commitment.
“This accreditation marks Havant & South Downs College as an employer of choice and we congratulate all at the organisation for their efforts in being awarded the Workplace Wellbeing Charter.”