Enjoy fine dining on campus.
Our fully-licensed fine dining restaurant at South Downs Campus is staffed by our talented Catering & Hospitality students and open to the public. It’s an opportunity to enjoy high-quality, freshly prepared food while also supporting what we do here at the College. Every task is performed under the guidance of qualified and experienced Catering & Hospitality lecturers to ensure a first-class fine dining experience.
We have The Angela Hartnett Academy at the College. This provides strong partnerships with Angela and her chefs who come down throughout the year to work alongside our aspiring chefs to create culinary delights for our lucky customers. During Angela’s visits she supports the teaching team, inspiring them with new ideas and dishes and keeping them on top of the current trends in industry. We are extremely grateful of the work experience Angela provides for our students in exquisite, well respected hotels and restaurants such as Limewood – New Forest and Murano – London.
In the past we’ve welcomed top chefs such as Heston Blumenthal, Marcus Wareing, Tom Kerridge, Nathan Outlaw and Philip Howard to the restaurant facility. They’ve given us their seals of approval for what we do, so why not come and sample the experience for yourself?
Café lounge offers guests a relaxing and comforting environment where you can purchase a wide range of beverages.
The Café Lounge is open Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 2pm.
Light lunches are served from 12 noon till 1.15pm (subject to availability).
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented a number of procedures to ensure the safety of everyone in The Restaurant. These include:
- We will be working on a bookings only policy with walk-ins only for Café Lounge/takeaway service.
- As per the government guidelines, only two households are permitted per table.
- Maximum of six guests per table.
- Please do not visit if you or your household are showing symptoms of COVID-19 such as dry cough, high temperature and loss of taste or smell.
- Please enter the College via the main reception wearing a face mask. This can be removed when entering The Restaurant.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on arrival.
- Bookings limited to allow for social distancing.
- Lead guest to complete track and trace details. This will be stored for 21 days and then safely disposed of.
- Staff and waiters will wear visors.
- Please keep hold of your coats.
- Entrance doors will remain open during service to ventilate the room.
- The same two waiters will be serving your table to minimise contact (these two waiters will be serving a maximum of three tables).
- Service will be reduced to limit contact with your waiters.
- Menus to be sanitised after every use.
- One guest permitted in the restroom at a time.
- Where possible, please pay by card. If contactless is not possible, then hands should be sanitised prior to use of the card machine.
- All seating areas and tables will be sanitised after use.
Students will be adhering to our strict hygiene policies. Face masks/visors will be worn and all uniform will be washed and renewed for each session.
Please note there will be a limited number of students in both restaurant and kitchen to aid social distancing.
The restaurant is open for fine dining on a Wednesday 6-6.45pm (last orders).
Five courses including a complimentary ‘Amuse’ cost £23.50.
Le Shop is modelled on a continental style patisserie and deli, selling a wide range of homemade pastries and bakery goods all prepared by students on campus. We also offer a selection of Tchibo fair-trade coffees and hot chocolate, plus a selection of soft drinks and fruit juices.
Monday & Wednesday, 8.30am-12pm
Tuesday & Thursday, 8.30am-4pm
Lunch is served Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 12 and 12.45pm (last orders).
Three courses – £13.95
Two courses – £11.95